FAQ / Frequently Asked Questions
Although every procedure done in our office is unique to that patient, we gathered answers to some of the frequently asked questions you might have prior to your clinical visit or start of your procedures. If you believe that your questions is not answered in this section, or you have a specific question you would like to ask the doctor, please do not hesitate to contact our office and we will get back to you within 48 hours.
- I know my smile needs some work, but I'm not sure if I can afford to have cosmetic dental work done.
- The cost of cosmetic dental work depends on how much work you want done. Like any cosmetic process, costs will increase with the amount of product or services you desire. A cosmetic dentist can explain various prices and the best procedure for you. Also, some cosmetic dental options are covered by insurance. Cosmetic dental work is probably not as expensive as you think. Investment in cosmetic dentistry is an investment in you. It can lead to an improved dental appearance and help improve self-esteem and overall confidence.
- Most of my teeth are bunched too near the front of my mouth. Is there a way to get rid of that crowded look?
- With removable orthodontics, cosmetic contouring, and/or bonding and veneering, teeth can be reshaped and polished for long-lasting results: a stronger, less crowded-looking appearance.
- My back teeth have a lot of silver and gold. Is there a less obvious way to fill cavities?
- New advances in tooth-colored porcelain and composite materials not only allow fillings to go unnoticed, but are stronger and more wear-resistant than silver and gold.
- There's a big gap between my two front teeth. Can that be changed?
- Yes. Bonded veneers can close gaps and help create the smile you desire. Bonded resins generally require one office visit, while porcelain veneering takes two. Bonded veneers, along with good oral hygiene and a healthy lifestyle, are effective ways to enhance a smile. A cosmetic dentist can explain the various techniques and help determine which is the best suited to your specific needs.
- How can I make my discolored teeth whiter?
- Tooth whitening, the process for lightening discolored teeth, can be accomplished in the dentist's office or with dentist-supervised, at-home systems. Teeth can be whitened to the desired shade over several office visits. At-home systems should be individually fitted by a cosmetic dentist.
- I don't like my teeth or my smile. what can I do?
- A wide variety of options are available to improve how your teeth work and the way your smile looks. Check out our "Procedures" section to see how other patients with similar problems were helped, then look for an AACD dentist near you to get started on your new smile.
- What are some of the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
- A great smile should improve your self-confidence, which can have a positive impact on the social and professional aspects of your life. Cosmetic dentistry is not just about pretty smiles though. New techniques and materials are available for back teeth as well as the ones you see when you smile. Now your mouth can look great, get healthy and function better at the same time. Ask your cosmetic dentist what's available for you.
- How much does it cost to get a great smile?
- Like most services, cost will vary based on the time required and the difficulty of the procedures. Generally, improving a smile will require a combination of treatment options such as bleaching, reshaping gums and using bonded materials (resin or porcelain) to improve the appearance of teeth. A great way to start is having a consultation with an cosmetic dentist to determine the ways that you can reach your goals. Improving your smile is an investment in you.
- How can I book my appointment?
- If this is your first visit, please visit our New Patient Center. If you are an existing patient, you may simply contact our office and we will reach you with your appointment date and time close to your requested.